The ways to order your repeat prescription are:
- request your prescription online using SystmOne (to register for this services please complete our registration form).
- Post your request to us enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
Put your tear off slip in our prescription box located in the entrance lobby.
Speak to your pharmacy about their ordering, collection and delivery service
Your prescription will be ready to collect two working days after we receive your request.
Please note: No verbal requests will be accepted at the reception desk.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
For more information about prescription charges please visit the NHS Choices website: www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/healthcosts/pages/prescriptioncosts.aspx
Free Prescription Collection
Current information on Free Prescription Collection and Delivery Services of our local pharmacies within the Shipley area from 8th March 2019.
- Westcliffe Pharmacy: Currently offering Free Delivery Service to all patients
- Rowlands Pharmacy Alexandra Road: Delivery service to ‘housebound’ patients only
- Lloyds Pharmacy Saltaire: Free Delivery service to ‘housebound’ patients, (Charges may apply if not housebound)
- Asda Pharmacy: Do not currently offer a Delivery service
- Boots Chemist Market Street: Free Delivery service to ‘housebound’ patients only
Definition of Housebound ‘Patients are eligible only when a patient is unable to leave their home due to physical or psychological illness’.