Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Dr N Hayward & Partners) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a Statement of Purpose.
The name and location address and ID of the registered provider is:
CQC ID: 1-199696801
Dr N Hayward & Partners
Shipley Medical Practice
The regulated activities provided are:
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Family Planning
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- Surgical procedures
- Maternity & Midwifery
The Partners responsible for the regulated activities are:
Dr Nick Hayward
Mrs Julie Winterbottom
Dr Matt Pickering (in process)
The Registered Manager is: Julie Winterbottom
Shipley Medical Practice aims and objectives
As a provider of NHS services the practice holds a Primary Medical Services (PMS) contract with NHS England for the provision of essential, additional and directed enhanced services. In addition we are engaged in various quality improvement programs and service provision as available to us through NHS Standard contracts and via our responsibilities as members in Bradford District CCG.
- We aim to provide high quality and patient focused care and be able to demonstrate this through a wide range of published measures and feedback processes.
- We aim to achieve high performance through creating an organizational culture of continuous improvement. With standard operating procedures, clinical protocols and feedback systems to help ensure we keep patients, staff and visitors safe.
- We seek to recruit and develop high caliber staff with a range of skills and expertise and utilize these through working as a multidisciplinary team to provide integrated patient pathways.
- We aim to actively engage with the local health economy and engage with our stakeholders, including patients, to ensure that we are contributing effectively to the NHS and utilizing public resource appropriately.
- We aim to be transparent in our decision making processes and open to scrutiny and probity.
- We aim to be an equal opportunity employer and operate zero tolerance to any form of discrimination or violence displayed to or from staff, patients or visitors.
Shipley Medical Centre premises
The purpose built surgery is situated in the heart of Shipley town centre therefore being a key feature of the local community. All patient services in relation to the practice are on the ground floor with easy access via wide opening automatic doors, wide corridors and good sized rooms. In addition, other community services such as dental are on floor 1 with offices on floor 2.
There are excellent public transport links to the area, including buses and train, and sufficient number of car parking bays in the surgery car park.
There are 24 employed staff working at the practice plus several attached staff all appropriately qualified and trained to carry out their duties. The core team of employed staff comprises Doctors, Practice Nurses, Specialist Nurse Practitioners and Health Care Assistants as well as a range of administrative staff including receptionists, medical secretaries and managers as follows:
Doctors that most regularly work at Shipley Medical Centre:
- Dr Nick Hayward (male)
- Dr Usman Hanif (male)
- Dr Nicole Allshorn (female)
- Dr Julie Patterson (female)
- Dr Deborah Penfold (female)
- Dr Jude Hyaward (female)
- Dr Harminder Barayah (female)
In addition, as part of being a training practice there will be various GP Registrars, most spending 6 months at a time with the practice. Occasionally we use locums to cover annual leave/sickness.
Doctors and Nurses and Specialist Nurses who are part of Affinity Care who provide specialist clinics or additional routine sessions when needed:
- Rob Daw – COPD
- Anne Williams – Heart Failure
- Shona Holding – AF
Central Management Team
- Julie Winterbottom – Managing Partner – Director of Finance & Performance/Deputy CEO
- Lorraine Wardle – Managing Partner – Head of HR, Corporate Governance & Complaints
Patient Services Manager
- Manda Bean
- Moyra Stocks
- Anna Hill
- Samia Hanif
Health Care Assistant
- Vanessa Bradley
- Michele Asquith
- Mandy Freeman (Reception & Facilities Manager)
- Lynn Bell
- Christine Long
- Lucy Queney
- Leigh Varey
- Elizabeth Webster
- Suzanne Ross
- Joanne Brown
- Kelsey Sharp
- Jeannette Scott
- Brandon Wright
- Christine Pattison
- Karen Shaw
- Jill Sykes
- Claire Fox
Range of services provided
As well as providing the essential, additional and directed enhanced services as part of the PMS contract from the location in Shipley the practice is also commissioned to provide a range of extended services as follows:
- Extended opening hours – late evenings
- Anti-coagulation monitoring and initiation
- Sexual health – fitting and removal of coils and implants
- Smoking cessation
The following commissioned services are provided in-house by other providers and also form part of the primary health care team:
- Consultant General Surgery clinics
- Mental health counselling and CBT therapies
- Health Trainers
- Benefits Advice
- Carers resource
- Physio, chiropody, dietician
- Baby Clinic
- Medicines Management Pharmacist
Shipley Medical Centre forms part of Affinity Care which comprises 6 GP practices in the Bradford area. Further information about Affinity Care.
Affinity Care works in direct partnership with other providers within and external to the NHS to continue to develop patient focussed services. NHS providers directly commissioned by Westcliffe Medical Practice include Bradford Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Airedale NHS Foundation Trust for the provision of echo-cardiograms and Consultant support. Affinity Care also works directly with the Bradford Surgical Associates to provide general surgery clinics in the practice, APODI health care to bring disease specific clinics to support patients with specific illness. Westcliffe are directly working with Oberoi Consulting to design and implement computer aid decision systems that work inside the practice clinical systems to ensure good patient care that can then be taken to other practices on a national foot print to take some of our expertise beyond the practice. Affinity Care has an established working relationship with Prescribing Support Services for medicines management.
Declaration of conflict of interest
The Partners comprising Affinity Care, are directors and shareholders in various other companies that hold contracts for the provision of NHS services with various CCGs and sub-contracting arrangements with multiple Hospital Trusts in the North of England. Some of the partners also hold clinical lead roles locally and nationally as well working for charities. Some of their work in improving patient care means working alongside the pharmaceutical industry as per transparent codes of conduct.
A full list of all activities and relationships is available on the practice websites.